Monday, January 17, 2011

Scottsdale & Sun = Fun

Photobucket
This is my Uncle Bob... (and my dad) Uncle Bob is named after my grandfather, Robert.
His father, Bill, (Uncle Bill) I knew very well... and he knew all my kids... passed away this spring.

I have never met Uncle Bob before...
He comes with all kinds of interesting stories...
and amazingly talented kids.

You can learn about one of his sons... "Riddler" here


These are a few photos I found of him...
CRAZY stuff let me just say... he is one of those skiers who does all the tricks on the pipe... and he is pretty good too. They expect him to podium this season.

Uncle Bob also has 2 other amazingly talented kids... more about them later.
It was super fun getting to know him and learn about his family...
honestly I felt a little robbed that I was only meeting them now at age 37 for the first time...

anyway, we stayed at his "sun" home in Scottsdale... (they are from Edmonton, AB)
Photobucket
the girls enjoyed getting their pool game on...
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Uncle Bob and my parents
Photobucket
The Natty was his first ever College Football Game...
Photobucket
Morning Pep Rally... with all the Oregon Greats...

and imagine this...
Sunshine!
Brilliant, Glorious Sunshine!

I feel happy just looking at this photo!
I can almost feel the sun pouring through my skin...
Oh sorry got distracted...

I must also say this before closing this post...
Every morning Uncle Bob made me a Vanilla Latte... the girls fresh squeezed Orange Juice from his trees... and homemade Hot cocoa...

I may have said to Uncle Bob "I think I might just move in..."
and after 6 days of never ending rain... I may regret that I was just kidding...

Photobucket
Half our family...
enjoying some of the Oregon Festivities...
in the sunshine...

Can you tell that I really need Summer to get here?
any sun would do actually...
Sorry Shelly...
I heard your weekend was "rained out" as well...

2 comments:

frychik said...

Yes, my weekend was rained out...However it was sunny today and I would like to see some aknowledgement of that as well as how beautiful it truely is in the NW! ;)

C & K Whitmore said...

Great pictures. I love looking at pictures of your family. How nice to be wearing jeans and t-shirts outdoors.