1. Judy when I had to text her and tell her that her kids were late because I was talking to them... her reply "I love that... it takes a village"
2. Shelly when talking to Janet "It takes a village... I love that when I was skiing and I posted on fb that someone might need to save Josh two people immediately replied they would pick him up..."
3. Janet when I confessed that I asked Amanda some questions on the car ride to the playoff game... "It takes a village... and a few other things I won't mention!" jk!
4. and lastly, JASMINE... this is my public personal THANK YOU for saving me today! "It takes a Village!"
this morning at a fairly early hour for a "day off" Judy dropped off my 5th daughter for the day... a little while later my 6th daughter Mariah was dropped off...
so in case your keeping track...
2 adults
6 girls
1 boy
2 dogs
2 cats
8 laying hens
5 4 day old chicks...




chaos... and in all this wonderful chaos Josh and I snuck off...
to build a new home for the chicks so that they weren't in our downstairs laundry room... you thought I was gonna say something else didn't you?
This is a G rated site people! :)
anyway...
after the building of the "chick home" and the moving of the chicks...
this started...
"mom, can we make our bags now?"
"mom, just wondering when we can make our bags"
"mom, can we make our bags now?"
enter Jasmine via cell phone...
"Do you know how to read a pattern?"
"Are you busy today?"
"Would you mind doing me a HUGE favor?"
and she said "sure I will be there in 20..." and few other things I won't mention...
but just FYI I am wearing sweats... PERFECT... me too!!!!

so she came and gave me the "simple" directions...

because so help me Judy... I could not figure out the stupid directions!!! Your posts of the awesome and gorgeous tulips in Seattle did not help btw!!! :)
Love you!
So 3 hours later... (remember we have 9 kids here at this point...) and for the majority of the time at least 5 of them were in my craft room...
We have this


the reversible me-me bag...
unfortunately for S & B this was NOT their bag...
it was the "practice" bag that we thought would take only a few minutes of Jasmines' time (hello 3 hours)
so the questions came again..
"can we make our bags now?"
AAAAAUUUGGHHHH!!!
Since it was almost dinner Jasmine had to run...
but not before she helped S cut out most of her fabric...

Tomorrow I will cut the rest of the fabric for both girls...
and after school they will sew.
How is it I can do some things so easily... and other things make me feel like a fool?
Jasmine Thank You for saving the day... by tomorrow I should have 2 happy teenagers... I hope. Thanks for helping with the Village.
P.S. I had a SSS meeting tonight that lasted 3 hours and it was a blast. I can't tell you about it or... well you know.
My hubby was up cheering for the Kodiaks. Girls lost by 1, and the boys won. They are both moving on to Regionals. :)
S watched the kids for me so I could duck out... and in true Mac Style she stayed up (didn't want to go to bed till I got home) and read an ENTIRE book.
My point is that while out I may have found out that a certain someone has a blog I didn't know about.... hello? and another certain someone is up to 12 followers??? Help me out people... I am NOT competitive or anything.... but could you help me out here?
and J... I am still crying over the fact that I am not numero uno... it hurts. jk!
Thanks to my faithful FRIENDS who read my chaotic ramblings... and those of you who just stalk my blog...
5 comments:
Suzanne! Or should I say #12?!Thanks for being part of my village! Love you girl!
I am reading! I am reading!!
CUTE bag girlfriend! And LOVIN' the little view of 'S's fabric that I saw in her pic of cutting.
It does take a village. And there are many many days I am very jealous of the amazing village you have. Not everyone is so lucky. :)
Much love from I-DA-HO. :)
I am happy to be a part of the 'village'. And because you did NOT post the picture of my lovely face, I promise to say yes the next time you ask for help!
I love the village that is our community. I feel so blessed by it. I love that my teenager can't get away with much without me hearing about it. I love that he knows that. I love that while I was working yesterday he had two people looking out for him to get to his soccer game. I'm thankful.
Those bags are adorable! I hope you post pics of their finished projects.
I'm #7!!!
Post a Comment