Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Afternoon Tea...

THERE WAS SUN TODAY!!!!
SPOTTY SUN.... but sun is sun!

Today was the first day of winter sports...
usually I ride up with Rod,
ski to my hearts content with my girl Sam...
and then come home.

Today didn't turn out like that.
I didn't ski...
I worked instead...
there are two kids skiing this year which increases our cost...
today was Emma's first day...
I have been hoping and praying that she had a blast.
I am hoping to go up at least twice this year so I can experience Hood with her :)

However, while my girls were skiing...
and Josh and the younger ones were at home (1/2 day)

I went here with friends


OH MY GOODNESS...
YUUUUUMMMMMMMY!!!!
(if I look weathered its cause I don't get out much and had taught PE this morning)


OH MY GOODNESS
YUUUUMMMMMY!!!!!

and repeat again...


OH MY GOODNESS!!!
YUUUMMMMMMMY!

I may mention that I didn't take a picture of everything...
but had I known I would have brought my nice camera and not my cell phone.

I was invited this morning while working...
the tea didn't really sound too exciting, but the friends did.. so I said yes.

then we actually got there.
I think I have already said it but OH MY GOODNESS. YUM.
Pick your tea..
then the sherbert (palette cleanser) comes...

then the soup & sandwiches
Now at this point I must say that these are individual sandwiches... each with their own awesome flavor. photos and words do not do justice.

more tea (which was yummy and I am not a big tea person... until today)

then the final course
yummy goodness...
and literally the scone was baked to come out of the oven when we got to desert...

I will be coming back.

it's called Myrtle's Teahouse...
it's in Ridgefield...
it's worth your money...

and it is a great place to hang & chitchat with friends.
just remember to make a reservation.

2 comments:

frychik said...

I just went there two weeks ago when Jill took me. And it was YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Myrtle's is one of my favorite places. Lots of fun and yummy is right! Glad you had a great time!