I mostly have video footage that I would love to share if I can ever figure out how to get the stupid thing to import/export/create dvd/burn.
I have a love/HATE relationship with technology.. and I really wish that I had more hard drive space that 16gb. So my two cents if you are buying a video recorder... buy one with with more space....
just saying... because tonight I couldn't get all the video of my kids because the hd space was full and I couldn't figure out how to use the external card during the program.
Okay. enough of that garbage. I hope to be able to get some video up for all my friends and family who are far away.

Sydney & McKenna with friend Alexandra right before the program started.
so note to self... when you are the one videoing grow two extra arms so that you don't get pictures like this... I didn't not take this photo... and noone will fess up!

this is a recorder year...

and McKenna did a great job!

Our Sam wearing her new contacts that she got today :)

the handbells memorize ALL their pieces... and I am hoping that I can get the video footage on here... it is amazing and I am so proud of Sam and all the kids who do such a terrific job!

choir... She loves choir as well! :)

emma before the program with friend Mariah


emma is in percussion and she did an amazing job on the tympani... xylaphone, and snare drum. I was super impressed and I DO have some footage that I will hopefully get on the blog soon. Emma is also in choir and she never ceases to amaze me with her musical drams. she is so animated and has a great voice. I can't help but smile when I watch her perform. I am thinking musical theater is in her future.
the sad part of the evening was this,
saying goodbye to Susan.

she is leaving for Arizona to be the new band teacher at Thunderbird Academy. It is a sad day for us up here.
So I can't stop thinking about the tornadoes and all the devastation. It almost makes you feel guilty for attending music programs and being so proud of your kids, for being able to enjoy it without wondering if a tornado is going to hit tonight. For having the luxury of doing a load of laundry... or doing the dishes. Because somewhere in the US tonight people have nothing and have lost loved ones. I am just really praying for all the people & families affected.
and in other news (which can't hold a candle to the tornado distruction) is the fact that I will be a working single mom to 5 kids for the next 3 days. Somehow I am going to "try" to hold the fort down until Josh makes it home. He is heading up the gorge on the 8th grade class trip... they will have no cell phone service, so if I fall apart while he is gone (I am teaching his classes) I am on my own! And let me just tell you... Josh is my rock and my soft place to fall.... so it is hard to hold it together when he is gone. Not to mention that my bed is King size and is not meant for one... I will probably end up with a bunch of kids in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment