Wednesday, August 7, 2013

In case you are wondering I did not win the 425 million....

This is what my last night looked like...
I checked twice... but alas this is not my hubby.
I miss my hubby.

This morning I read this devotional and I thought to myself...
"how is it possible that every day the devotional speaks EXACTLY to something that I am going through"

Sometimes people arent' who you think they are...
Sometimes they do things that surprise you and are hurtful...
our nature is to try to "understand" why? etc. etc.
Hmmm.. God is trying to speak to my heart.


I was very artsy today in case you were wondering... :)

Josh sent me this picture from after the intensity workout when they gather all 200+ kids together in this HUGE circle.

The "big" girls are still having a ball at camp.

so much so that I got a phone call from emma...

(PLEASE BE WARNED THAT I MAY BRAG HERE... if you don't want to read skip on...)

e.   hi mom
me  hi em what's up?
e.  we are getting ready to go to the all-star game.
me.  that sounds fun!
e. they asked me to play in it... I am one of the 10 people!  Out of 52!
me. :)  WOW emma!
(janet in the background... "I know an all-star!!!!!)
me.  that is so awesome emma.  are you nervous?
e.  yes.
me.  just do your best you will be fine!
e. mom?
me.  yes.
e.  Sam got nominated for the grit award... 1 of 3 people chosen out of the 50 high school girls at the camp.
me.  yeah!  that is awesome!  way to go Sam!
e.  I also got nominated for the grit award in the 13-14 age group (1 of 3 out of 52)
    and guess what mom?  I can't believe it but i was nominated for MVP in my age group... (the coaches nominate)  We don't know yet.. we find out tomorrow whether or not we get the award.
me.  that is so cool emma! (meanwhile my mom heart is bursting with pride and I wish I could telaport up to Auburn to watch my kid play in the game..)

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have your children go someplace where they are not "known" and see them find success.  So often they hear, as do I and Josh, that the only reason why they are on a team etc. etc. is because their dad is the coach... BARF.  This is so good for my babies to be validated on their own merit.  Go Mac girls!!!

Okay I'm done.  At least I didn't do that on FB.  ;)

_____________________________



My new Glenwood Heights Primary namebadge holder...
I am in LOVE.

Janet and I might have purchased matching ones to wear while we are at work :)
it makes my heart happy!

Only one more day of class... and then 3 days of Pathfinder Leadership training.
Thank goodness we had such a nice break in Sunriver... 

Did I mention that there is a Dutch Bros. 1.2 miles from where our class is taking place?

No?

Well there is... and we may have stopped there.

Just keeping it real.

also... I didn't win the 425 million...

but then again I forgot to purchase a ticket.  

Guess I will need to keep my day job :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

My husband would say that your chances of winning that 425 million is the same whether you buy a ticket or not. I was like - no way - if you buy a ticket at least you have a one in bazillion change. He countered with the theory that there was just as much a chance that someone might lose the winning ticket and it would float into your car window while driving down the road. *grins

Jill said...

Oh, and you have every reason to VERY proud of your amazing kidlets!!