

That day arrived yesterday... we settled on an offer for the property and it will close on November 16th of this year if all goes well.
For us all it has been a long wait to have this prayer answered and this door closed... a huge sense of relief has overcome me and I feel super thankful... at the same time that sense of finality, that we will never walk those halls again... that the memories are in photos and memories alone is sad. Isn't it funny that something you want and pray for can bring both happiness and sadness? Weird. Our kids are SO excited that God heard their prayers and answered with a buyer who has two little girls... I know that they will love the place as much as we did!

I am thankful for the good times we had there as a family... the adventures the girls had... the days playing in the woods and the ditch... that this was my sons first home... days spent cozying around the fire... the fond memories that I will always carry in my heart.
Today, I am thankful for the home we once had... and for the home it will become to someone else... mostly I am thankful for the home we now have, for the amazing times we have already enjoyed... and for the wonderful memories we are creating every day. I just feel grateful... and thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment