Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Part Two: God's Beauty

So we spent 3 nights and 4 days living outside, and every day we took a hike along the river.
It was beautiful. I wish I knew how to photoshop some of these photos... the colors were to die for and everything was just perfect, unfortunately I am an amateur photographer so bare with me.

This one is my fav...
Photobucket
Samantha found this rock... and these are her nails. I just LOVE it.
Photobucket
inside the campgrounds... walking down the road
Photobucket
middle falls (a 1.5 mile hike out from camp)
Photobucket
a stream off the beaten path
Photobucket
ewww...
Photobucket
another shot of middle falls
Photobucket
a small corner of lower falls
Photobucket
lower falls... some kids jumped off the green point... not smart, scared the you know what out of me!
Photobucket
from the top of lower falls.. you could walk right to the edge.
Photobucket
Photobucket
wild flowers... okay and OMGoodness... I just realized that I captured a bee flying into the little daisy! Sorry I just think that is so cool! :)
Photobucket
lower falls again... some kids climbed up that huge log... this photo does not do justice to the height of these falls.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Our campsite. The trees were something else... huge old trees that point straight to the sky. The sound of the water rushing all night and day was so relaxing and peaceful!

Speaking of nature after we set up camp we took a walk to the falls... when we came back we had been attacked by blue jays... they ate almost an entire bag of trail mix from Costco...

and later that night (and every night after) we were visited by mice.... teeny, tiny, little field mice. They came and cleaned up under our picnic table. One night they even ran right over Melissa's flip-flopped feet and scared her half to death! :) Yes, I did LOL!

Anyway, there are still some more photos from the upper falls so I guess that means that there will be a Part 3 to this post! I hope that you are all enjoying your families this summer!

2 comments:

frychik said...

Love your pics! The heart rock is precious. When Josh was small he started finding and presenting me with heart rocks. He still does. I have a nice collection. Love them!
You need to give me a tutorial on setting up the blog format!

tina said...

These pics are BEAUTIFUL my sweet friend!!! You are rockin' the blog - holy wow!!!