Monday, April 11, 2011

{laundry} & prayer & fb

Today was an at home day.

You know the best kind of days where you just get to work at home and clean things, but with no particular agenda to follow?

Believe it or not I actually made progress in one room in particular, the upstairs laundry.

Seriously it has NOT been this clean since we moved here 3 years ago.  Just keeping it real people.

I don't know how many of you have seen my laundry room before, no day in particular, they are all about the same.  Messy.

But for one moment in between loads it looked like this.  :D  I am in a happy place.


There is still a basket of socks and underwear.
But HUGE accomplishment today!

----------------------------------
Please pray for some friends tonight & tomorrow who will be delivering a baby at 34 wks and then mom will immediately go into major surgery for Placenta Percrata.  Jason & Heather and their baby girl will be named Hayden.
--------------------------------
facebook.

Lately I have been troubled by fb.  Am I the only one?
I don't spend as much time on there as I used too, thankfully.

But whenever I do go on it is the same stuff.  I am also sick of people giving every intimate detail of their life.  I don't want to know when they go to the bathroom.  I don't want to know every move they are making.  I don't care about Farmville or any other game.

and if I am being honest,  it is sometimes difficult to see things that you are not a part of that you would have liked to be there. 

I guess there was a study done that some people actually are getting depressed because all the status updates they see are wonderful and uplifting and exciting and happy... and they think that their life isn't great. interesting?  crazy?

On the other hand, without facebook I would not have been able to pray for Jason and his family because I likely would not have heard about it.  I would not have been able to see the footage from the Fernando's wreck, videos from bf's kids and the activities they are doing...

There is the dilemma for for me.  On one hand I hate it, it is a time sucker... and the other it keeps me connected with people I really care about, and allows me to pray for others and to encourage others, and it let's me share things with others quickly. 

Maybe I just need a break from it.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

4 comments:

C & K Whitmore said...

Laundry room looks great. That is one room in my house that is usually never clean and clutter free. I guess if no once wore clothes, that would help!!

Judy said...

I hear ya sista.

Jill said...

I also have a love-hate relationship with FB. I used to play FB games and found them to be as intrusive to my daily life as other more involved games used to be. (I quit with the games.) I agree with the every detail thing (TMI), I also agree with feeling left out sometimes. However - I do have a couple friends and family that I only interact with on FB. On one hand it seems pathetic to not just pick up the phone, but it's easy and life is busy. So, I choose to stay on FB and just be minimalist about it. So, yeah - I say, take a break or only check in once a day and keep blogging!

Jill said...

Also - your laundry room looks amazing!