Saturday, March 29, 2008

Current Events

Well friends, I guess it is time to let you know what is up in the world of MacLachlan,
Things are crazy... I guess that they are normally busy with 5 kids, but we just made things a lot crazier! (but NO we are NOT having a baby... that door is permanently closed!)
We decided to move closer to the school. We hope that this will make things less crazy down the road, especially with 4 kids in school next year.

We are in the midst of packing, painting, and well everything that goes along with the chaos of listing a home all while handling 5 kids!! Of course the market isn't what one would like it to be, but I am trusting in the only one I can... God. I know that in His time He will find buyers for our home here in Ridgefield.

After almost 4 years in our lovely home we decided that it was just too much to commute back and forth to the school 6 days a week with multiple trips... 28 miles each round trip, 12 mpg, you do the math.... not to mention the fact that there days when we don't get to see much of each other or the kids. (and the possibility of a mega casino around the corner) I will post pictures soon of our home, which is located only 1 mile from the school. We are in the middle of doing some things over there before we move in... so as you can imagine... craziness and the reason for my recent 13 lb weight loss.

God is growing me throughout this journey and I am thankful for many things.... I have been reminded that when I get discouraged that I have SO many blessings and I count them daily for they are a gift... something that could be taken at any time.

*My FAMILY (hubby, kids, parents, brother, etc)
*Freedom to worship and share God
*A place to call home
*My dear friends who have prayed, packed, and lifted my spirits
*My Health
*The chance to stay home with my kids
*My Bible and Prayer
*A Christian School to send my kids too
*My basic needs are met
*The ability to learn & grow & PRAY for others!

There are SO many other things... but I just wanted to list 10 for now...
Those of you who have helped to be a refuge for me this last month... You know who you are and I thank you and love you much!

HAPPY SABBATH! Rain, sleet, snow, hail, and all!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

God is indeed good! He will see you through all of this craziness! We will continue to keep you in our prayers! Thank you for the inspiration
to count my blessings daily:)

Jenny said...

Forgot to say... it is good to see you blogging again:)

Unknown said...

I love you honey!!!

tina said...

It is *WONDERFUL* to see you blogging again :) It is a good way to get it out, isn't it?? I'm so sorry for all of your current stresses :( Wish we could just magically appear there to help you. We are thinking of and praying for you and the fam. I happen to LOVE painting, wish I lived closer. Maybe someday huh? ;)

tina said...

and why it's saying i'm signed in under 'le'laine boutique' is a mystery to me, but it's me, tina :)