
This month the {party} was at my home. I chose the book Those Who Save Us and I got to host the dinner. Those of you who know me well know that Martha is NOT my middle name... and while I like to be a SAHM... and love to be in the kitchen doing domestic things... I struggle to be the great hostess & decorator! Last night I surprised even myself with fresh flowers from my garden and new recipes that I made to go along with our story. I made placecards and everything using my scrapbooking supplies. Can you tell that I was super proud of myself? :)

Most of the group... there are a few ladies missing (including me) and one new addition since last night. Looks like our number will be between 8-10 which is just perfect if you as me.

sweet fruitie green salad, pickles, chilled cuc soup, lots of bread, and latska (German potato pancakes... fresh homemade apple pie for desert with a dab of vanilla ice cream... and homemade vanilla lattes to go with the discussion!

the unveiling of next month's book club selection... Belong To Me... and guess what I found it on ebay in hardback for $1! :) I love a good deal! ($4.80 total w/shipping)

a vintage dress that Jenny brought over for me to wear... um yeah... a slight problem with that as I tried it on and the zipper up the side got stuck in one of my fat rolls (yes I have them) and OH BOY did that hurt! Needless to say we "displayed" the dress instead! The photos are of my grandma & family relatives! The green scrapbook is from my book club that I belonged to in Cali... Did I mention that we had 40's music playing in the background?

chilled cucumber soup.... a must have because it was eaten in the book and is a traditional German soup... but I think it was a one time thing for the group... even though we all tried it, it wasn't a favorite!
Next month off to Jasmine's house to see what she has in store for us! I can't wait to read the book, hang out with girlfriend's, and enjoy good reads!
1 comment:
Thank you Suzanne for your brilliant idea!!!! What a fantastic evening! Can't wait for next month!
Post a Comment