Friday, February 6, 2009

19 years later...






Sam is {lucky} she gets to travel to Mt. Hood Meadows each Wednesday during the winter to ski... this is her first year. I am not sure what happened, but somehow I promised to go with her this winter... and then I remembered a few facts..

1. I have not skied in 19 winters... (I am sure this is important)
2. I have had 2 reconstructive knee surgeries in those 19 years.
3. I have given birth 5 times...
4. I don't exercise.
5. I am having surgery next week.

I believe these things are important... and yet more important than this is the fact that my 11 year old wants me to go with her... so I get a ticket from the teacher in charge... ride up with a friend.. (nervous as can be to ski) get to Mt. Hood... (beg Sam & her girlfriend to not leave me) strap on the skis... struggle to walk in the boots...head out of the lodge...get on the lift... {pray} that I don't hurt myself today... and I tell you what... it was PERFECT... and I didn't fall, I almost did... but I did not and it came back to me like riding a bike!

We enjoy the most {WONDERFUL} day together! The weather was gorgeous... 50+ degrees, sunny, I didn't even have to wear gloves! I could not get enough! I wonder how to thank my little girl for dragging me up there and then giving me the gift of some self confidence... a wonderful memory... and the desire to head to the Mt. again soon!

A special thanks to my dear hubby who took Jack with him to work... and my friends who encouraged me on the slopes... skied with me... laughed with me... and shared in a wonderful day! :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I am SO GLAD you went and enjoyed yourself!!!! You go girl!

Janeen said...

It looks like a beautiful day! So glad you got to go. Hope you have a good week despite the surgery.